Sunday, April 22, 2007

What is important?

The other day I was asked, what is important to me? This question is one that I have been pondering for some time; the answer is not one that is easy to come by. For there are so many things which distorts away from what is really important and what is just there. Is money really important to me, no not really, I would like money in order to survive but it is not what drives me in life. What is important to me is deeper than materials. Education is extremely important in self growth which I hold to be dear. As thinking beings we have our minds which is one of only things that is with a person for the rest of their life and the mind should be further expanded. Berkeley who was a philosopher believed that the only things that existed are ideas and minds.

Enlightenment is also very important; enlightenment of learning from another and as a response teaching them something of ones self. There is a large world out there and to start to understand this world one must first try to understand the individual people. It is people who make the world and it is the people who will destroy the Earth if they do not take care. Each person has an experience of life to make the whole picture of the world. In other words each person and living being adds to the experience of the world.


Beliefs are what most live for they are what people die for. Beliefs are what shapes lives, they are what can destroy lives as well. Everyone has a set of beliefs that is lived by no matter how different they are from each other they are there. My beliefs are self growth through knowledge, creating what I find to be beautiful through emotion, culture of other people as well as learning from people and learning about people. There are many things that I find to be important and most of them I find to lie within beauty for life. The beauty of the earth is a gift giving to life. The way in which human life takes care of planet is a direct reflection of human culture. To sum up what is important to me I would say it would have to be the beauty of life incorporated into emotion and the expression of that emotion to other people.

No comments: