Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Future Of Writing and Reading

The composure of the blog If:Book A project of The Institute for the future of the Book is very clever. The writing posts from the blog relate back to the title. The title works to tie each individual entry together. The site’s organization allows the blog to flow; each post adding additional meaning to the statement of the site. On the right hand side there is a link that explains the message behind the website. This link is labeled about this blog. The link shows that the creators of this site are trying to get across their point of view. This blog has meaning and is not just random post.

The writing on If:Book is thoughtful and useful to anyone who reads, writes on the internet, uses the internet and or does not use the internet. The site focuses on how the internet is the future of reading and writing; that the computer is a more effective form for these mediums. The writing is not one way it is conversational; wanting to hear the voices of the readers. Allowing the writing to be extremely appealing to the internet world being that the web is for conversation of the world.

There is only one video on the blog and that video is showing a great example of what the creators are talking about. The internet is seen to be the future of writing and reading along with other mediums of information. The video shows an assortment of different ways that the computer and internet can be used in a way that is beyond a paper and pencil. The blog also addresses the issue of how the internet laws will work when/if the internet takes over the forms of reading and writing.

My blog is not very conversational being appealing only those who know what the writings are about. I feel that my blog has a message but can not be seen by the audience because it is not clearly indicated of what that point of views is. The title of my blog tells the reader nothing about the writing. The only thing it is clearly taken by the title is that some one named Jenny Chavez posted the blogs on the site. The title should bring the main idea together. The title is the first thing the reader sees and provides an underlined point to the site. I could find a better way of organizing my blog, a way that can flow and show what the meaning is behind my words.

The biggest difference that can be seen between the blog If: Book and my blog is a clear focal point. Good organization can help the focal point to be seen. My writing appears to be random with no focused direction and stops short of providing a clear point of view. The If:Book blog does not lack any of these qualities.

1 comment:

nancybui said...

I really liked how you incorporated a hyperlink to the title of the blog we read. Your title is also really catchy and descriptive. The title I chose to put for my post is really cheesy. I also agree with what you said about the writer getting their point across. I found what we read really boring and I didn’t like reading it at all. It is true that this information is useful to someone who reads or writes on the internet. Like you I had many differences on writing from composing my blog and the way their blog is composed. I guess we both learned more on how to create blogs.